Hello awesome folks,
We have amazing, marvelous, incredible news!
Following YOUR requests, we’ve made a guide showcasing the complete creation and import of a 3D FaceRig avatar.
The avatar we created is a basic character, we did not go into too much details, as this is meant to help beginners.
This video is a GUIDE that walks you through the steps of creating and importing a custom model into FaceRig. This is not a tutorial for generic 3D modelling skills. You can find loads of tutorials online for every single generic 3D modelling step shown here ( sculpt, retopo, skinning, rigging etc). During the course of the guide however we will point out certain FaceRig specific settings and steps that must not be omitted in order for the avatar to work in FaceRig.
Please also read our documentation for creating a FaceRig avatar for detailed instructions and explanations. You can find it
We’ve added Chibi Theo in FaceRig Classic. And created a skin for him so you guys can test it through the importer (:
You can find the files for Chibiborg here
And here are the instructions on how to use the Import
For those of you who created their own avatars, and have an issue with the shadows, here’s how to solve
1. Go to Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonFaceRigModVPPC_CustomDataObjects
2. Select your avatar’s folder
3. (After going through the import process) copy “cfg” file and rename it as
4. Open the file and delete everything in it
5. Write the command “set_avatar_scale 30” . You can chose whatever value you wish based on the height you want for your avatar