How to use promotional products effectively | Create templated marketing videos from your iPhone | Get a little celebrity lovin’ | A self-publishing success story | And plenty more on your favorite marketing podcast …
For more interviews with successful business owners, subscribe to my channel or visit
Want to subscribe to The Small Business Big Marketing Show?
Subscribe FREE on iTunes – or Android –
Today’s successful business owner is Clive McCorkell of Arid Zone – a promotional products agency he co-founded 30-years ago. Clive knows a thing or two about how to use promotional products to market your business.
The idea for this interview came about a few months ago when I was handed a calico bag full of promotional items at a Meet Up for what I consider to be quite a cool brand. I share what those items were in the interview, suffice to say that I was underwhelmed.
A few weeks later I was the opening keynote speaker at the Australian Promotional Products Association’s annual conference, at which point I connected with Clive who agreed to come on the show.
Promotional products is a marketing topic I’m yet to cover, but have plenty of questions, like how can businesses best use them, and what’s the future hold for them. Clives also been running a successful business for 3-decades (no mean feet) so I interrogated him about that as well!
But the marketing gold doesn’t stop there, in this episode you’ll also
– Resident techspert Dale Beaumont from 52 Ways shares a great way to make videos on your iPhone and upload directly to YouTube
– I share another low cost marketing idea that’ll get your business some celebrity lovin’
– And we go back into The Small Business Big Marketing Show’s vault, revisiting a past interview with a guest who beleives all businesses can do good by doing good
Here’s what caught my attention from chatting with Clive McCorkell from Arid
1. I love Arid Zone’s 5 touch point concept which starts out at the Quoting process and ends after the sale.
2. Arid Zone speak. What a great idea. You may not even realise that your business has it’s own language – if it does, it might be time to formalise it so that all staff start integrating it into emails, sales letters, website pages and so on.
3. “Brand in the hand” – I like that as a way to sum up the power of promotional products … because there’s nothing quite as powerful as having a prospect or customer interacting with your precious brand, right?
Links & Resources
– Arid Zone’s website
– How and why to get celebrity testimonials
– YouTube Director provides shot-by-shot guidance – so that you can – – create a high quality video ad and upload it directly to YouTube – from the app. No video editing experience required.
– Interview with Peter Baines of Hands Across The Water
Please support these businesses who make this show
Dale Beaumont’s 52 Ways – An amazing free 1-day live event for business owners where you’ll discover 52 ways to boost your business profits. Seats are limited. Book now at
Open Universities Australia – When was the last time you learnt something that could propel your business forward? Outside of listening to this show, and thank-you for that, your answer may well be “Not in a very long time, Timbo!” That’s cool, but maybe it’s time that changed. Check out Open Universities’ online courses over at Someone’s gotta be the smartest in your industry – so it may as well be you!
If something in this episode of Australia’s favourite marketing podcast peaked your interest, then let me know. Leave your thoughts below.
May your marketing be the best marketing.
For more marketing tips, follow and
Or connect with me on social